Develop Your Skills
Below are free resources availale from the Westchester Library System that you can use today!
GED Academy – A fully online study program that starts you at the right level and efficiently moves you forward.
Read Better – Partner with a volunteer to help you read better. We provide the materials and encouragement – you provide the time. Contact our program coordinator to learn more.
Learning Upgrade – Ideal for building reading, math, and computer/internet skills. Use the placement test option to get to know the program and then go ahead and gather your medals – bronze, silver, and gold. Connect with us for a password.
Tutor.com/Westchester – Study help online covering content from grade school through college (and GED prep too!) . Includes live tutoring, homework help, and job search help, practice tests and quizzes, and study guides.
Other recommended resources from the web
- Khan Academy video courses in math, reading & language arts, social studies, science). Make an account!
- TV411 offers videos that cover reading, writing, math and science skills; focuses on real life situations.
- Math Is Fun.
You might also be interested in these topics:
- Go to college – After you pass the test, consider going to college. You can use our online resources for help and guidance.
- Explore career options – Review our Job Search Toolkit and the resources for assessing careers and finding your next job.
- Expand your computer skills – Take a look at the resources on our Digital Learning resources; no matter what comes up next, you’ll be ready for it.