Welcome to HSE Connect Resources! Register for a monthly information session here.

Get Started

Four pathways to a diploma; which will you choose?

  1. Pass the TASC test (formerly called the GED, now the TASC – Test of Adult Skills Completion).
  2. Use passing scores from Regents Exams that you took in high school to eliminate some parts of the TASC test.
  3. National External Diploma Program – test into a program where you can complete a set of 10 projects that demonstrate your knowledge and skill.
  4. 24 Credit Programs – Complete 24 credits of high school-level course work while working towards your Associate’s Degree.

The links you need to prepare for and register for the TASC test are here:

If you have a high school diploma or certificate from a country other than the United States…

Colleges will accept high school diplomas or certificates from foreign countries if they are equivalent to U.S. high school diplomas. A college Admissions Office can determine if the diploma is acceptable or not.

Employers or training programs many not be familiar with foreign high school diplomas, so it is recommended that foreign diplomas be evaluated by an official evaluation service. Here’s a list of foreign credential evaluation services.

If you have a college transcript from a country other than the United States…

Most colleges require that foreign college transcripts be evaluated by one of the agencies listed here. Please contact the Admissions Office of the college you are applying to for more information.  If you are applying to Westchester Community College, call the Transfer Credit Evaluator at 914-606-6756, or the international students counselor, Ann Marie Verini at 914-606-8567.

The evaluation service will charge anywhere from $85 to $150 to evaluate a foreign diploma. Once the diploma or transcript has been translated and evaluated it should be acceptable at other institutions or colleges in the United States.

Assess your current skills

Find a starting point for your study by taking these TABE or TASC practice tests.

You can also take a placement test for our TASC Academy (from EssentialEd), a fully online learning program for adults like you. Just contact us using the link below.

Ask a Question

Develop Your Skills

TASC Academy from EssentialEd

A fully online study program that starts you at the right level and efficiently moves you forward. To enroll, contact our HSE Connect! program.

Learning Express

This website offers courses and practice tests for different skill levels.

Read Better

The library can help you build your reading skills with FREE volunteer adult tutors. Learn more about our Read Better program here.

Learning Upgrade

  • Ideal for building reading, math, and digital literacy skills. Use the placement test option to get to know the program and then go ahead and gather your medals – bronze, silver, and gold.

Use Tutor.com/Westchester for FREE study help

  • Live tutoring, homework help, and job search help
  • Practice tests and quizzes
  • Study guides

Other cool resources from the web

Get a tutor

Master Your Skills

You’re ready to apply your skills toward achieving educational and/or employment goals.

Go to College

After you pass the test, consider going to college. You can use our online resources for help and guidance.

Explore career options

Review our Job Search Toolkit and the resources for assessing careers and finding your next job.

Ask a Question