Every part of the job search process is covered in our Job Search Toolkit. Open/download the Toolkit by clicking on the link to the left. Want a copy mailed to you? Send us your name and address using our ASK US form.
Below we’ve broken the Toolkit and the job search process into three sections: Get Started, Get Going, Keep Moving. Click into a specific part of the job search process; you’ll see a brief video for each section so you’ll know what’s covered!
If you are a first-time job seeker, someone considering a career change, or are returning to the workforce after a pause as a caregiver or after incarceration, be sure to check out our “Roadmaps for Specific Audiences” in the Get Started section.Just need fresh eyes on your resume? Check out the resume review available from Tutor.com that is linked in the Get Going section.
BONUS: You are also invited to make an appointment with our Job Search Coach to get one-to-one guidance throughout the process.
Specific guidance for specific audiences – your cheat sheet to our toolkit, all in one page.
- Sign in with your library card number and PIN (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number)
- Select Submit a paper for review from the top menu
- Fill out the appropriate details and upload your resume
- Click submit
Jump to Chapters 10 through 12
Facing a difficult work situation? Need help planning or managing your career? Thinking about work options you have after 50? WLS runs specialized programs with trained professionals to guide you in your career path.
Call us at 914-231-3238 for more information and to register for the following career services:
MANAGING YOUR CAREER IN CHANGING TIMES
8-week Career Development Seminar
- Evaluate your skills, interests, personality
- Learn how to use online career information
- Explore career alternatives
- Find out about educational/training programs in Westchester
- Learn effective job strategies
TAKE CHARGE! CAREER/LIFE PLANNING AFTER 50
8-week Career/Life Planning Seminar
- Assess yourself and get a clear direction for the next stage of your career
- Gain access to a variety of informational resources
- Explore new ways of working in a high-tech world
- Rediscover learning and explore volunteer and leisure options