Types of Benefits
- Check if You Are Eligible for Benefits from New York State
Use this link to see if you may be eligible for:
- Help with buying food
- Temporary Assistance (TA)
- Special tax credits
- Home Energy Assistance (HEAP)
- Health Insurance programs for individuals, families, and children
- WIC – Women, Infants and Children
- Prescription drug insurance coverage for seniors
- Temporary Financial Assistance in New York State
You may be eligible for temporary assistance to help you pay your bills. Use this link to find more information, including application forms and instructions.
- Food Stamps (SNAP)
You can use this link to file for food stamps in New York State. You can also contact Maria Aguirre at the Food Bank for Westchester for help to file an application. She can be reached by phone at (914) 909-9618 or by email at MAguirre@FeedingWestchester.org
- Health Insurance in New York State
Use this link to apply for Child Health Plus, Family Health Plus, or Medicaid. If you have questions about Medicare, you can get free, in-person assistance from counselors at a public library. Call to find out more: 914-231-3260.
- How to Apply for Unemployment
You can make a toll-free call or apply online.
- Social Security
Use this link to see if you are eligible for any benefits from Social Security.
- SafeLink Wireless
You can get a free cell phone and free minutes if you are income eligible.