Start Here: Government Benefits
You can explore available benefits by clicking on the buttons here, or you can skip right to specific benefits further down the page.
- Temporary Financial Assistance (TA) for paying bills
- Unemployment Financial Assistance
- Social Security: benefits for people with disabilities or age 62+
- Special Tax Credits: see if you qualify on myBenefits
- Help with buying food (SNAP)
- WIC: Food assistance for women, infants, and children
- FeedingWestchester can help you file an application for SNAP food assistance.
- Drop-in shelters in Westchester
- Rent Assistance in Westchester
- Eviction Assistance in Westchester
- Fair and Affordable Housing in Westchester
- Home heating and cooling assistance (HEAP)
- SafeLink Wireless: free cell phone and minutes if you are income eligible
- NY State of Health: health Insurance for individuals, families, and children. Medicaid, Child Health Plus, and Family Health Plus may help with costs.
- WLS Senior Benefits Individual Counseling: Help with Medicare, Medicaid, and other senior benefits