- The Job Search Toolkit – 12 Chapters to help you find your next (or first) job
- Learn About Different Careers
- Training for Different Careers
- Need Experience? Volunteer!
- Where to Look in Westchester
- Applying for a Job – Resumes, applications, letters, and other tools.
- The Job Interview
- Opportunities for Young People (under 21)
PREPARE FOR YOUR JOB INTERVIEW!
Are you looking for a job? Do you apply for jobs online and never hear back? Do you feel stuck and think, “No one is hiring?”
Virtual Job Search Help from WLS meets your needs including:
• Where are the jobs that meet your skills and experience?
• Online job applications
• Writing a resume or editing one you have already have
• Writing a cover letter the gets responses
• The power of networking
• Job search sites worth your time
• Interview prep including mock interviews
Prepare with experienced Job Readiness Coach, Rebecca Mazin. Appointments are generally available on 8:00pm-9:00pm on Wednesdays and 10:00am-12:00pm on Fridays. To reserve your interview practice time, email Rebecca at JobSearchCoach@wlsmail.org.
Also available: Westchester Library System’s WEBS program offers multi-week career development seminars at libraries throughout the county: MANAGING YOUR CAREER IN CHANGING TIMES (8 weeks) and TAKE CHARGE! CAREER/LIFE PLANNING AFTER 50. One-to-one counseling is also available from WEBS counselors at the Yonkers Grinton I. Will Library and the Mount Vernon Public Library. To find out more call 914-674-3612