Here are some exercises to practice for the TASC Writing Exam. If you want feedback on your writing, you can email a copy of your essay to TASC Connect! and one of our tutors will read it, make corrections or suggestions, and return it to you.
You can attach a copy of your essay and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can copy and paste your essay into this form: Essay Help.
1) These exercises ask you to write responses to questions about that you read.
2) These exercises ask you to read one or two short documents and then write an opinion about what you read.
3) These exercises are very similar to what you will see on the TASC exam. You must read two documents that present different interpretations of a topic, and then write an essay in support of one of the interpretations.
- Essay Practice: Public Libraries
- Essay Practice: Nuclear Energy
- Essay Practice: Views of Bush vs. Obama
- Essay Practice: War vs. Non-Violence