The Youth Job Readiness Toolkit can help you prepare for your first job. Each section gives you things to think about and actions to take to get ready. Included are sample applications and forms that can keep you organized.
There are five sections in the toolkit:
- Who Are You Now?
- Update Your Personal Data Form
- Job Search Tips
- Tips on How to Prepare/Update Your Resume
- Get Ready to Talk – Cold Calls and Interview Preparation
Here are forms that you will need to update and save as you look for work experience.
- Personal Data Form
- Record of Contacts Made
- Record of Applications Completed
- Record of Job Search Website Registrations
- Self-Reflection about Me
Development of these materials was funded by SUNY Great Potentials for a program that took place at the Peekskill High School during 2017. The full pdf of the toolkit is available here in a single file.